Pages

Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Live in the Leap


Being an art teacher for nine years to hundreds of small kids has been an amazing life filled with an abundance of creativity, imagination, and an overwhelming amount of messes. It has brought me pure joy watching kids have "AHA" moments and beam with "PRIDE" from the creative process. And teaching has made me want to pull out all my hair, bang my head against the wall, and curl up in the fetal position, especially when I have 38 out of control kindergarteners in the art room. Some people may find that last fact scary, but nothing is more frightening to me than exposing my artwork to the world.

This vulnerability is like giving a speech to all my peers and being so wrapped up in my fear of public speaking, I forget even a stitch of clothing. Just the thought makes my blood pressure increase and my core temperature rise to a level which radiates in red blotches from head to toe. Sharing my artwork is like exposing my deepest, darkest hidden secrets that I really can't even express in words. It's torture sharing my sacred creations with people who just don't get it.

Now is the time for change, the time to fill in the gap. Now is the time to become vulnerable to the world and embrace my dreams. I've worked really hard to ditch those junk insecurities and to step into the arena. Thanks to Brene' Brown and Don Miguel Ruiz.

 Taking the LEAP...

No comments:

Post a Comment