Pages

Saturday, December 28, 2013

Leftover Fabric Repurposed into Bracelets


I don't want to let anything go to waste. So, I wanted to transform the fabric that I did some experimental dyeing on last week. Though the painting didn't turn out the way I wanted, it still had some really nice colors.

 
I first began by cutting the fabric into about 1 inch strips. I already had some old wooden bracelets that I picked up who knows where for pennies. I simply wrapped the fabric strips around the bracelets, overlapping the fabric so no wood was exposed. Then, tied off the ends leaving some fabric to dangle. I, also, finger crocheted a small portion of a strip of fabric for a bracelet.
 
 
I added them with some gold bangles and WAALAA!!!
 
There is still fabric leftover for future.. scarves, headbands, necklaces, baskets, flowers, collage elements for future paintings, and whatever else necessity can invent.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment