Pages

Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Fill the Well Wednesday

 
"Fill the Well Wednesday's" are inspired by author Julia Cameron's "artist dates" found in her book The Artist Way. Over the summer I began a Wednesday ritual of taking long intentional walks in the woods, up and down the gravel road, and in my garden with my sketch book, camera, and a basket to collect interesting found objects. I love to draw quick, expressive, representational, gestural drawings of things I find in nature. I have a true love affair with nature, flowers, trees, and all the creatures. My happy little homestead has a constant flow of magical changes with the seasons. And that is what I really document on "Fill the Well Wednesday's."
I call my sketch book the "well." As I'm painting or creating I use my sketchbook as my go to resource. I'm still working on developing this habit. But, I'm slowly finding my own visual voice. And with more consistent use I can really see this tool helping me develop my own unique style. Join me next week for "Fill the Well Wednesday."

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment