Pages

Sunday, December 29, 2013

In the FLOW!!!

I really wasn't sure how I would respond to having a blog. Would I get completely stressed out and quit? Would I end up mostly writing because, either, I don't want to share my work or I'm afraid even to do the work? Or would I plan all these posts and projects and never finish them?

I never thought it would inspire such a flow of creativity. A flow that wakes you up at night with visions and words in Technicolor. I'm ALLOWING myself to really create without judgment or attachment. I really think the freedom to paint has come from working in my mixed - media sketchbook. Working on canvas in the past, I've always thought this is my one and only shot to get it right. But, the sketchbook  really has given me room to experiment with color, imagery, patterns, and composition. And in the sketchbook if I screw up I can push the limits until it's right or really wrong. Then, turn the page.

My plan then is to try reproducing the ones I love onto canvas. Today's paintings I really can't wait to paint on canvas.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment