Pages

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

In the Classroom...

Today, the first graders finished up their Super Hero Family Portraits. After, drawing their chosen environment students were to paint in their background with watercolors. The kids imaginations soar during this project developing costumes, super powers, and background stories to go with their families. One of my favorites stories included the grandparents as villains, who were also giant aliens. As a teacher, this is a great way to build relationships with your students. I ask every student to tell me about their picture. And for students who are normally quiet and reserved, they usually perk up and want to tell you all about their project.




1 comment:

  1. These drawings are great! LOVE. It's so awesome to use art and stories to build relationships with your students. On a side note, I often feel like a super-hero when I paint :)

    ReplyDelete